Registration via Eventbrite (Registration opens July 12th at 12:00 pm and closes at October 11th at 12:00 pm.)
Save the Date:
Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
Light breakfast starting at 8:30am. Lunch and snacks are provided.
Chula Vista: 2501 River Road, Wisconsin Dells
Reserve your rooms now! 1-844-258-5513. Booking ID: H15489
WWA Members: $75
Non-WWA Member: $100
Purpose: The Wisconsin WIC Association is offering its members the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to cover the registration fee to attend the WWA Professional Development Day. WWA will provide one $75 registration fee waived per each region based upon hardship for a total of five scholarships. Apply HERE. Scholarship applications are due by Friday, August 2nd.
Continuing Professional Education:
5.5 CPEUs approved by the Commission On Dietetic Registration
Chere Bork: Coaching to Inspire! Motivating the Families you Serve
Click HERE to read her biography
1. Describe the distinction between the traditional counseling approach and the coach approach.
2. Discover the 4 types of motivation and how to engage every client to create sustainable changes.
3. Practice 3 core coaching skills necessary for every coaching session.
Kara Kerrigan RD, CD, CLS: Fond du Lac County WIC Project Director, Wisconsin WIC Association Chairperson
Elisabeth Pohle, RD, CD: City of Milwaukee WIC Dietitian, Wisconsin WIC Association Vice-Chairperson
1.Educate and inform on state-based and federal nutrition issues.
2. Describe opportunities for member involvement in advocacy activities and education.
3. Describe how to engage stakeholders in discussion about WIC and nutrition in our target population.
4. Learn how to grow advocacy efforts in your clinic.
Andrea Potaschnick: Feeding from the Start: Ensuring a Healthy Relationship with Food
Andrea Potashnick is a Registered Dietitian and mom of three young children. She has worked with over a thousand families to create a healthier home environment and has a private practice in the Twin Cities area called Your Family RD. As Your Family RD, Andrea’s vision is to be a valued, trusted and reliable resource on how to best ensure children grow up having a healthy relationship with food. Andrea’s goals in life include: To be completely caught up with laundry, go to Target and buy only what’s on her list, and get through an entire day without losing her cell phone. (She has yet to achieve these goals). She resides in Plymouth, MN and her favorite time of day is sitting down for mealtimes with her family. Please visit Andrea’s website to learn more about her!
1. Identify how our relationship with food develops over time and how parent feeding practices can play a role in shaping their child’s eating habits.
2. Understand Baby-Led Weaning as a safe and practical approach to starting solids for babies.
3. Learn practical tips for advising parents on how to implement the division of responsibility while feeding their children.
Questions? Please contact: