Have a Voice and Be Heard!
Join our Community! Become a member of WWA!
The membership year begins January 1st and ends December 31st of the same year.
However, you can apply for membership at any time throughout the year.
- Member discounts to WWA sponsored educational opportunities.
- Your local project perspective is included in discussion of WIC issues.
- You are informed about WIC funding issues, policies and procedures: decisions that directly affect your local project.
- You are able to identify emerging issues as they relate to the WIC population and WIC service delivery.
- Membership is a voice in a statewide network.
- Scholarship opportunity to the annual WIC Leadership Conference in Washington DC.
- Professional and leadership growth through WWA committee and Board participation.
- Promotion of WIC’s mission to policymakers through WWA’s advocacy program.
Active members consist of WIC staff, employees and contracted or currently enrolled participants/families in the local WIC programs. All active members are entitled to cast one vote in person or by mail, participate in meetings, and hold elected or appointed offices and positions.
Affiliate members consist of persons interested in the WIC program. These members may participate in meetings and be appointed to committees or special projects. They are entitled to vote and hold elected positions. We encourage former WIC employees and current students to join! Your input is always welcome!
Corporate members may participate in meetings and be appointed to committees or special projects. They are entitled to one vote as a corporation but may not hold elected positions.
Honorary members are persons employed by the state. All honorary members may participate in meetings and be appointed by special committees or projects. They are not entitled to vote or hold elected positions.