Professional Development Committee
Are you interested in working with WWA to plan our continuing education events?
Do you enjoy helping colleagues further their knowledge in WIC and nutrition?
The Professional Development Committee may be the right place for you!
Committee Chair: Kristina Ingrouille (Waupaca WIC)
If you are interested in joining the Professional Development Committee or you would like to nominate someone to join our team, contact the WWA committee chair, Kristina Ingrouille (Kristina.Ingrouille@co.waupaca.wi.us, 715-258-6392).
Current 2023 members:
|Kristina Ingrouilleemail@example.com||P65/ Waupaca County WIC|
|Lindsey Kohut||Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org||P33/ Aurora Health Care WIC|
|Shawn Handfeltemail@example.com||P71/ Grant Co WIC|
|Morgan Thumsfirstname.lastname@example.org||P13/ HealthFirst- WIC|
|P72/ Bay Area WIC|
|Nanishka Ruiz||P26/ Trempealeau Buffalo WIC|
The Professional Development Committee is responsible for providing training opportunities to nutrition professionals to ensure a competent workforce in WIC. This committee ensures and advocate for CDR continuing education credits at WWA events, and other statewide WIC events. It provides qualified speakers and represents the mission of WWA during the planning State conferences. The committee will also provide a session to meet the ethics component mandated by ACAND.
- Prepare a report to inform the Associate of activities at the Annual Conference Business Meeting.
- Schedule and lead meetings and conference calls as needed.
- Chair will plan the work of the Committee or Task Force, including any fundraising opportunities at events.
- Request guidance or policy direction from the Board as needed.
- At the direction of the Board, report to the Board as needed.
- Convey concerns and recommendations, as necessary, to the Board.
- Provide sessions and secure qualified presenters who meet Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic (AND) standards for continuing education.
- Provide CEU opportunities and secure qualified presenters annually.
- Provide a session to meet the ACAND ethical CEU component.
We are currently accepting new committee members to join our Team!
Contact WI WIC Association:
WI WIC Assoc.
PO Box 201
Friesland, WI 53935