Are you looking for a way to advocate for your WIC families?
Are you interested in furthering your knowledge/experience in advocacy?
The advocacy committee may be the right place for you!
2024 Advocacy Chair: Cheri Nemec
If you are interested in joining the Advocacy Committee or you would like to nominate someone to join our team, contact our chair.
- Advocacy is education and is not lobbying. Advocacy is speaking out on issues or programs or supporting a proposal or cause. In WIC, this means we focus time on education about the benefits of the WIC Program and dispelling myths about the Program.
- Advocacy provides the opportunity to lay the foundation for policy change. It includes education the public and policy makers about WIC, highlighting the achievements of WIC clinics in the media, and hosting events that promote, celebrate, or inform about WIC.
- Educate WWA members on how to best advocate for WIC.
- Provide opportunities for WIC staff to advocate.
- Document legislative/advocacy efforts put forth by WWA Board and members.
- Develop and maintain advocacy partnerships with organizations that have a similar mission and focus.
- Increase WWA members’ confidence and participation in advocacy efforts.
- Provide scholarships to at least 3 Wisconsin WIC Staff to attend the NWA annual policy conference.
We are currently accepting new committee members to join our Team!